To apply for this programme, you must:
- be at least 17 years old (or 18 years old if you are an international student, with the minimum entry requirement being Academic IELTS Level 5.5, with no score lower than 5)
- provide a written reference (this cannot be from a family member or friend)
- provide evidence that you will be working with children in an early childhood service at the time of entry
- pass a children’s worker safety check as required under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014
- have NCEA Level 3 (including 10 literary credits at Level 2 and 10 numeracy credits at Level 1). However, if you do not have NCEA Level 3 or its equivalent, we will still consider your application on a case-by-case basis.
If you wish to apply for the Diploma, you can do so through this link.
If you would like more information go to Te Rito Maioha’s website.